Monday 26 October 2015

Local Lunches - The Hayman's Kitchen

When my lovely friend Micky said she was returning to Deal and opening up a Cafe in Walmer (For those who aren't local Deal and Walmer are pretty much the same place) I was super excited.  This August The Hayman's Kitchen opened, serving delicious homemade vegetarian breakfasts, cakes, soups and other specials, she has also branched out into selling amazingly delicious sourdough loaves.

The Hayman's Kitchen - photo from Facebook page


I have visited back when it opened but as I am a terrible blogger no pictures were taken but I can report my Mum had a homemade rosti and poached eggs which I can report was bloomin delicious, whilst I had the damn tasty garlic mushrooms on toast.



I have of course ventured back and this time indulged in the yummy looking cakes.  I went for the home made sourdough cinnamon bun which was sweet but not cloying whilst remaining deliciously moist (God I hate that word but I can't think of a better one) and with a decent taste of cinnamon.


My Mum is more of a traditionalist and went for the scone, which was served with butter and local W.I. Jam, cream is available but my Mum is not a fan and asked for it without.  She said it was delicious and I know this to be true as she didn't offer me a bite.


Micky is a charming hostess and the whole place has a lovely welcoming atmosphere. It is also great to have somewhere in the plethora of local cafes that is exclusively vegetarian.  To check out what other options or specials are planned there is a facebook page, which also gives opening times,

2 comments:

  1. I will make sure if I venture your way.... And I so hope I do one day.... I will be paying a visit, those yummies look yummy!!!! My taste buds are already dancing, I think I may need to go and raid my kitchen now, but I know I have nothing remotely as delicious as this in there! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do visit this little corner of the world one day soon and when you do I will take you as the cakes here are splendid x

      Delete