Wednesday 19 February 2014

OOTD Primarni Queen

So to celebrate the wet weather we continue to have I went shopping today in Swansea in my Duck dress.  Personally I don't think Swansea is that amazing for shopping it has a lot of the usual High Street Suspects but I do think that it has a good Primark, reasonably good Debenhams and a pretty good Boots, but everywhere else is just okay and I am always irritated that New Look stopped doing the Inspire range although you can get it in the New Look on the retail parks at Forest Fach and Morfa Park, I did go to both today on my way back but it was a bit meh.  However, I did get quite the Primarni haul which I will show you tomorrow.

So for this adventure I felt layers were the name of the game, so I wore a very old Duck Print Primark Dress, a Pink Primark Cardie and leggings from George at Asda with some Ballet flats from Marks as comfort is the name of the game for me when shopping.   This was accessorised with a pink bow from Janine Basil that always makes me feel a bit like Hello Kitty.  I would have liked a nice pink lip too but I have a awful cold sore that is making me feel a bit like a leper so a spot of carmex was popped on instead.


The best photo of a bad lot as my official photographer was wanting to watch Curling,



Love the bow, hate the hair but that is about to change!

Not the most fashion forward shoes but easy to slip on and off.


Dress - Primark (old)
Pink Cardie - Primark
Leggings - Asda
Ballet Shoes - Mark and Spencers
Pink Bow - Janine Basil

So where do you love to shop where you live? What is like?  and what are your top tips for wearing when shopping?

2 comments:

  1. The hair bow is so cute. I live in Birmingham so my mine place to shop is Primark, we do have a very small Inspire section in the New Look here but is a bit pathetic!! If I know I am going to be trying clothes on then I usually wear leggings and a dress or tights and a dress- something I can get out off quickly and not spend half an hour taking ten layers off!!! I must admit I have never been to Swansea only Cardiff but it seems now that sadly most high streets are the same. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been to Birmingham once and that was to go clubbing back in 96, so pre Primark days. The only shop I remember was a small independent type that sold sort of club wear I think it might have been The Custard Factory and a bar that did Tapas I think that was Cirque. I probably spent a long time in Warehouse too as I remember that was my fave at that period. Your right about all High Streets becoming the same before I moved to Swansea I lived near Canterbury and gradually all the independent shops are going and it is becoming McHigh Street, I think if you want something different you need the internet and I love finding new (or new to me) brands from independent sellers x

      Delete