Thursday 18 December 2014

Lace and Mirrors

It is that time of year that we get to go on the Annual Works do, where you watch your colleagues get hideously drunk and perhaps join them!  Mine is quite a small team but we combine with others in our company and half go at a time so the place is manned whilst we revel.

Initially I bowed out as I felt horrible but my lovely workie colleague told me I was a bit of a let down so I went along, spurred by the medicinal qualities of shorts and absinthe.



I had seen the dress of Toodalookatie's Blog and thought it was quite lovely and as it was in the sale at House of Fraser (although it is a Evans dress) I thought I would indulge as I had wanted a nude lace covered dress for a while.  Whilst we're sort of talking about House of Fraser do check out their plus size range it is really good, which surprised me as I thought they didn't really stock plus sizes.

Add caption


I had planned to team it with my Iron Fist Oxfords but on the night they didn't go, so these trusty M&S Teal Mary Janes with a 40's nod came out to play, they are about 5 years old so I can't provide a link.

As it has quite a high neck I didn't wear a necklace but went for my trusty statement green mirrored  Fat Bitch Earrings, people either love them or hate them and they gathered many comments from "Cool" to "Your weird!"

Owning my Bitchery


Like Cinderella I was home by midnight as I didn't want to be hungover as I had stuff to do.  Unfortunately my flu/cold came with a vengeance and even Satudays Curry cure did not fix it, so I am all Vader Trollesque here.

Anyway wishing you all fun and frolics over the festive season x 

4 comments:

  1. You look fab Vicky! I hope you're feeling better now? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah, I'm not 100% in love with the dress it may go on E bay to fund new dress adventures. Feeling much better now, hope your feeling well too xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, it is not my usual look I'm more about the prints but i have a fancy for the nude covered with black lace it always feels a bit old Hollywood glam xxx

      Delete